Monday, January 12, 2009

Why am I going?


I am blogging from O'Hare about to get on the flight to Newark that will God willing take me to Israel! I am sad to leave my family for the next few days, but as far as Israel, I can't wait. A few days ago someone asked, why are we all going to Israel now? I cried and cried. But today, my seven year old Shayna said, "Abba, why are you going? Just stay in Chicago?" And while I didn't cry, my answer was heartfelt: It is the least we can do. We should not risk our lives unnecessarily. But when our brothers and sisters are sitting in bomb shelters fearing the next missile, when our soldiers are fighting terrorists, successfully, but still fearing the next militant around the corner, or hiding in a school or a UN compound, then the least we can do in America is to go over there and tell them: we are with you, we are not afraid to stand with you, we love you and we wish your success all the way. That is the message I want to send to everyone I see: we in America feel with you, hope with you, cry with you, and yearn with you in Israel for a safe home for the Jewish people.

Time to board and head for Newark,

May God bless us all with peace, Shalom al Yisrael,

Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment